Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New neighbors

Well, the Lariat Bar next door to the Roxy has been closed since April and I can't say I've missed it. We've enjoyed the added parking, and the best part has been freedom from having to clean up beer bottles, cigarette butts and worse from our sidewalk on a regular basis.

Now the Lariat will be reopening with new owners in a couple of months. I'm glad to see it being remodeled and reopened, but I'm hoping the new guys will take note of what goes on outside their business, not just inside, and apply the cleanup crew accordingly.

By the way, there have been rumors running rampant around town that the Roxy is wheeling and dealing to buy the Lariat building from the new owners. Let me state for the record here that no such deal is in place. While we were hoping to acquire the Lariat property and turn it into a second Roxy screen, that didn't happen for reasons I won't go into here. For now, we'll be staying single. (In screen count, that is!)

No comments: