Saturday, May 24, 2008

Where have I been?!

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I have been a slacker, blog-wise. I haven't posted in quite a while. I could say that I've just been too darn busy -- well, that's really an accurate statement -- but I spend a good share of my day typing and the real truth is, it's just been hard to think of something worth blogging about lately.

Now that that's out of the way -- despite the recent cold, rainy weather, SUMMER has officially come to the Roxy. We're currently playing the new Narnia movie, and Iron Man will follow at the end of this month, and right after that...Indiana Jones's new adventure.

Some might be wondering, why aren't we playing Indiana Jones right now? Don't we usually jump on those new blockbusters the day they come out? Didn't I read on the Roxy website that Indy would be here on the 22nd of May, or was that a dream?

Well, we really were planning on playing the Indy movie on the 22nd, but a little thing called "print availability" spoiled that plan for us. In other words, there were not enough prints around to fill the demand, and while the Roxy definitely is one of the coolest theatres around, unfortunately it's not one of the biggest, therefore we have to take a place behind the larger city theatres sometimes.

Not to worry, though....Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be here just as soon as we can bring it in, probably by the first or second weekend in June.

No comments: